Document Control Specialist
AESC is currently in search of a highly motivated Document Control Specialist. The primary focus of this position is to collaborate with the Project and Opreation Manager in providing support to Cell Manufacturing on a global scale. The role involves assisting in the development, planning, implementation, and execution of a robust documentation infrastructure. By furnishing the team with essential information, the Specialist will contribute to the establishment of effective document and quality management systems. The responsibilities encompass supporting processes and documentation throughout the design phase and the subsequent transition into operations.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the daily management and maintenance of the document control system for various operational areas, including production, maintenance, warehousing, controls, and quality groups. Ensuring that equipment documentation, records, procedures, standards, and the quality management system are kept up-to-date will be a key responsibility. Additionally, the Document Control Specialist will assist in reporting activities and provide training to team members as needed.
- Operate as a central contact for all document control issues, support, and ongoing management of the system
- Work with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with the AESC document management system
- Process documents and deliverables including, but not limited to: submittals, designs, drawings, calculations and other engineering data
- Maintain critical correspondence (electronic and hard copies when necessary)
- Provide document management support to Cell Materials Operations and Manufacturing teams, ensuring that final and working documents are readily accessible to team members
- Review incoming document transmittals and document register for nonconforming documents. Correct as necessary to ensure the register remains clean and compliant
- Create and manage approval workflow for final procedures, documents, records, and drawings
- Publish weekly reports and logs identifying open workflows, mail items, submittals, and other documents
- Work with team members to ensure proper maintenance and retention of all qualifying documents and information
- Provide training to project resources as part of the on-boarding process, both in person and virtual sessions
- Work with sub-contractors and suppliers during contract closeout to ensure all project documents are received prior to releasing retention payments
- Ensure that document retention and review systems are compliant with internal and external standards, including ISO 9001
- Maintain flexibility to provide additional support as requested or required bases on individual production and manufacturing needs.
Background & Requirements
- BSc in Engineering, Project Management, Communications or another relevant qualification
- Advanced SharePoint experience
- Maintaining and reporting for Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suit
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional environment
- Innovative, Open-minded, collaborative, and a team-oriented attitude
- Fluent in Spanish or French (Depending on the based location) and English
- Attention to detail.
- Collaborative, a team player
- Time Management and Prioritization
What we offer:
- Welcome to our state-of-the-art Gigafactory, where you'll have the opportunity to tackle the world's most fascinating challenges alongside exceptionally talented individuals who are driven to make a difference. At AESC, we offer a comprehensive compensation package, including a competitive salary and a rewarding AESC bonuses program. In addition, we provide a range of valuable benefits such as a pension program, generous vacation days, employee insurance, and relocation and commuting support. We strive to ensure that our employees are well taken care of, enabling them to focus on their work and contribute to our collective mission of changing the world.